This is a 7 month contract position.
The Senior Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety will provide environmental, health, and safety support for all operations at the Facility.
• Develops implements and monitors environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
• Works closely with manufacturing staff operations and the EHS Team to promote safe manufacturing practices, procedures, and proper use of containment equipment and facilities.
• Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
• Performs incident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
• Identifies implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
• Manages governance of life safety fire and property risk management programs.
• Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
• Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
• Maintains availability to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, holidays.)
• Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices.)
• Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
• Serves as the site Biosafety Officer.
• Managing the Waste Management Contractor to ensure compliance and efficient disposal methods.
• Maintains compliance with Environmental Licenses and Permits.
• Develops and maintains the Environmental and Health & Safety Management System.
• BS in an EHS-related discipline, such as engineering, physical science, or biological science/chemistry, or equivalent experience required.
• Qualification or experience in safety and environmental required.
• A minimum of five years’ professional experience required in environment, health, and safety programs.
• A minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience in cGMP environment is desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety permitting and regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety compliance reporting.
• Specific experience in hazardous waste management or other professional EHS trainings or certifications a plus.
• Experience in Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control (IPPC) or Industrial Emissions (IE) Licensing, GMM (Genetically Modified Microorganism) Consent and/or Emissions Trading required.
• Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
• Proficiency in organizing, communication, problem solving, multitasking and collaborating with others.
• Ability to develop and roll out EHS programs as required by the operational needs of the business.
• The individual in this position will be able to organize his/her own work on a routine basis and requires minimal supervision. The individual must be able to provide updates and tracking on tasks.
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
Purpose: This is an 11 month contract position. EHS Business Partner required for a leading Bio facility in Meath to...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is an 11 month contract position. Senior EHS Specialist required for a leading Bio facility in Meath to...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is an 11 month contract position. This role is part of the Technical Operations team who support the...Apply For This Job