The QC Microbiology Analyst role is a critically important activity, ensuring efficient and effective compliant design, construction, qualification, and operation of the facility. This position will be responsible for qualifying the Microbiology Quality Control lab and the transfer of Microbiological analytical methods including but not limited to cutting edge Rapid Microbiological Methods. This person will be key in the layout of the lab testing flow to ensure the process is streamlined and in line with company lean principles. To maximize the development opportunity, the candidate will be the key talent in analytical Microbiology techniques and in current Pharmacopeia methods. The candidate will provide support to the team and other analysts within the lab area, including training and guidance on their area of expertise.
• The motivation to be an inspiring member of a high performing team.
• The desire to continuously learn, improve and develop.
• Perform supporting activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers.
• Perform and carry out a variety of routine microbiological analytical techniques including but not limited to environmental monitoring, WFI testing, growth promotion testing, In-process product testing, Final product testing such as bioburden and both Kinetic turbidimetric and MCS rapid endotoxin testing in compliance with GMP requirements.
• To integrate and complete all documentation on time and be familiar with LIMS.
• To train and be trained in the use of Rapid microbiology techniques including but not limited to endotoxin testing, water bioburden testing, E.M testing, absence of bioburden testing and identification testing.
• Follow up-to-date analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations, and industry standards.
• To update SOP’s and write protocols as required.
• Support the laboratory testing schedule to achieve an efficient QC system.
• Receive and manage samples that come into the lab for stability, in-process, and release testing.
• Reagent preparation, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance.
• Maintain good housekeeping and GLP within the laboratory.
• Calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
• Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up on corrective / preventative measures.
• Ensure training is current for all job functions performed.
• Assist in training new QC Analysts on routine procedures and practices.
• Order, stock and receive laboratory supplies.
• Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications, and cGMP regulations.
• Ensure that cGMP standards are always maintained.
• Delivery of area performance to meet or exceed performance or quality goals.
• Promote and participate in the implementation and maintenance of the relevant safety programmes.
• Participate and Comply with the company’s Quality Management System requirements.
• Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying company Six Sigma tools.
• This position will be on days initially but shift work will be required.
• Degree qualification (Science/Quality/Technical).
• Preference Lean Six Sigma.
• 1-3 years industry experience with significant knowledge and experience in working in a microbiology lab unit and working with contract labs.
• Experience in compendial testing for water and environmental monitoring in clean room environments.
• Working knowledge of QC Systems (Empower, LIMS, Trending systems.)
Purpose: Supports the Process Sciences Department through process monitoring and statistics. To establish, organise and maintain effective statistics and data...Apply For This Job
Purpose: The Senior QA Specialist for the Bulk Drug Substance (BDS) facility will be responsible, with management support, for providing...Apply For This Job
Purpose: To support the MSAT Team Lead and MSAT OSD Manager to deliver the team goals in the area of...Apply For This Job
Purpose: The company’s Athlone Quality Control is a growing department with responsibility for in-process testing and environmental monitoring. This position...Apply For This Job
Purpose: The QA Specialist for External Quality will be responsible, with management support, for providing oversight of quality activities associated...Apply For This Job
Purpose: The Technical Specialist will be a key team member in the Technical CoE, which provides technical expertise to a...Apply For This Job