The Specialist – Engineering’s role will be essential in ensuring efficient and effective compliant design, construction, qualification, approval and operation of the new state-of-the-art facility during the initial project phase. The successful candidate will take a lead on utilising the latest innovations in technology and automation to create a workplace of the future.
• Support the design, construction and qualification of upstream & downstream equipment at the site through to technology transfer and
• Support establishment of the commercial process and routine manufacturing by:
o Supporting experimental design, execution, data analysis and interpretation.
o Interpreting trends observed in commercial process monitoring (e.g.,
proactive process analysis (PPA), continued process verification (CPV),
statistical process control (SPC) multivariate analyses (MVDA)), and for
further technical investigations and process changes that seek to drive
improvements to yield and/or robustness.
o Supporting deviation management.
o Supporting change control prioritization and implementation.
o Authoring and reviewing of batch documentation, technical reports and
global regulatory submissions.
o Supporting multidisciplinary teams (manufacturing science and technology, quality, analytics, regulatory) for process improvement and troubleshooting with end-to-end product focus.
o Applying LeanSixSigma tools by:
▪ Securing continuity of an appropriate LSS/CEM level of knowledge.
▪ Facilitating problem solving & risk assessment (FMEA)
▪ Making problems visible and strive for continuous improvement.
o Serving as a key member during internal audits and external
• Lead and support various manufacturing science and technology organizational initiatives as needed (examples include safety, financial forecasting, work standardization, etc).
• Maintain continuous focus on quality and safety compliance and unflinching focus on the customer.
• This role may require shift work support after the facility startup phase is complete.
• A minimum of 5 years’ (for MSc) or 7 years’ (for BSc) directly related experience in academia, pharmaceutical or biotechnology company – along with a working knowledge of current regulatory requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• A self-starter and results-focussed, the successful candidate will have strong contemporary knowledge, and the ability to work independently and on multidisciplinary teams. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the ability to deliver what is needed on-time, holding self and team accountable for commitments, decisions, actions and behaviours.
• They will also have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate understanding of process science, in order to drive decision making, impact assessments, design of studies, etc., in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• With a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Biological Sciences/Chemical
Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry (or PhD without industry experience), the successful candidate will also ideally have a proven track record in delivering excellence. The candidate will also show ambition and drive to develop and advance their career within the company.
• Experience with upstream cell culture and/or downstream purification of biological molecules. Experience with technology transfer, regulatory filing, and commercial drug substance manufacturing of biologics is a plus.
• Technical operations experience in the drug substance manufacture of biological molecules at commercial-scale.
• Prior experience in drug substance process development, process characterisation studies, process performance qualification and validation, site readiness, batch record reviews, authoring regulatory CTD sections and/or working with external contract organisation for development and/or manufacturing.
• Working knowledge of statistical methods for DOE design and data analysis (e.g., JMP or Design Expert software).
• Working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), multivariate analysis (MVDA), and/or process analytical technologies (PAT) techniques for biologics processes.
Purpose: This is a 6 month contract position. The CPT Start Up Project Manager will work with other CPT PMs...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Two roles available, 12 month contract positions. Exciting opportunities now exist on our Carlow Site for Project Engineers within...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is a 12 month contract position. The Senior Specialist Technical Services has primary responsibility for providing technical support...Apply For This Job
Purpose: To provide Project Manager Support to the Technical Operations Team for 11 months, giving support to the Product Deletions...Apply For This Job
This is an 11 month contract Purpose Exciting opportunities now exist on our Carlow Site for Project Engineers within our...Apply For This Job