This is a 6 month contract
This is a remote role with travel on-site 3 days a week
We are looking for a Clinical Research Specialist who will act as the primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites. The role is accountable for performance and compliance for assigned protocols and sites in a country. Under the oversight of the CRA manager the person ensures compliance of study conduct with ICH/GCP and country regulations, our policies and procedures, quality standards and adverse event reporting requirements internally and externally. Acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites. Actively develops and expand the territory for clinical research, finding and developing new sites. Participates in internal meetings and workstreams as SME for monitoring processes and systems.
• Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
• Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
• Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
• Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
• Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
• Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure that Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased and subjects’ rights, safety and well-being are protected.
• Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
• Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
• Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall ite performance.
• Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with CRA manager, CRM, and RCPM.
• Manages and maintains information and documentation in CTMS, eTMF and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
• Contributes to CRA team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert (SME), buddy/mentor and sharing best practices as appropriate/required.
• Supports and/or leads audit/inspection activities as needed.
• Following the country strategy defined by CRD and CRA manager, contributes to the identification of new potential sites and works closely with them to develop strong clinical research capabilities.
• Degree qualification (Science/Biology).
• 10+ years of direct site management (monitoring) experience in a bio/pharma/CRO.
• Fluent in Local Languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
• Good understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
• Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices.
• Proven Skills in Site Management including management of site performance and patient recruitment.
• Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
•Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.