This is a 11 month contract position
A vacancy exists for a contract EHS Specialist at the at our clients facility in Meath, supporting the expansion of manufacturing and support facilities at this location.
Under the direction of the Project EHS lead:
• Participate in project design reviews and HAZOPS for proposed new systems
• Ensure management of change processes are followed and serve as EHS reviewer for planning of activities impacting existing facility operation
• Co-ordinate project support from relevant SME’s such as Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, Machinery Safety etc.
• Support the containment philosophy for the potent compound facility
• Serve as a site EHS representative during mechanical completion, commissioning and qualification activities, participate in project walk-downs and start-up activities for assigned systems:
• Ensure that installation is in conformance with local and national regulations, internal company standards, design intent and HAZOP recommendations
• Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage and training are complete and available for performing the necessary tasks during the specific start-up phase
• Serve as primary EHS reviewer for Pre-Start-up Safety and Environmental checklists completed during project start-up activities
• Serve as a leader in demonstrating and implementing a strong EHS culture across the project
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Safety or Environmental field of study
• +5 years of EHS, Engineering, or Operational experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical or process related industry
• Drive to engage others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Ability to maintain focus on key project goals and priorities, but also analyse the detail to facilitate problem resolution and ensure project success
• Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically
This is an 11 month contract with a view to extension Purpose The EHS Specialist will ensure the EHS organisation...Apply For This Job