This role is an 11 Month Contract with a view to extension.
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for supporting day-to-day Site facilities engineering working closely with the Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) partner to support the operation and maintenance of the Facility such as, but not limited to: Facility Maintenance, non-GMP cleaning, GMP cleaning, Pest Control, Building Maintenance, Breakrooms/Canteen, Landscaping, Warehouse Equipment (Racking/ Fork trucks), Laundry/ Garbing/ Lockers, Security, Waste, Temp. building/ offsite storage.
• Support the day-to-day facilities operations activities by working closely with facilities outsourced partners.
• Work cross-functionally with the outsourced partners to identify improvement opportunities, cost reduction initiatives, and, reoccurring issues, driving the implementation of corrective and preventative action plans.
• Development of Company standard SOPs and implementation of equipment maintenance plans, thereby ensuring all equipment is properly operated and maintained.
• Direct and/ or lead investigations re: deviations, out-of-tolerance conditions, and unexpected results, conducting failure analysis, root cause determination, and implementing corrective actions; preparation and analysis of facilities metrics report to trend for improved operational efficiencies.
• Provide support with audit/inspection requirements to ensure department compliance/readiness. Participate in internal and external audits and inspections.
• Complete reviews, approvals, and close-out of technical documentation in line with the site standard approval process.
• Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques for equipment troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement through knowledge of process and
utility equipment, bringing sound expertise to issues that are escalated.
• Work within a current Good Manufacturing Practices environment (cGMPs), always ensuring compliance with all regulatory procedures.
• Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as-needed basis.
• Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture ensuring that the Company’s quality, EHS & Engineering Global standards are adhered to.
• Other Duties that may be assigned.
• Degree in engineering.
• Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage.
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a regulated environment.
• Good Written and verbal communication skills.
• Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
• Must have a good appreciation for systems within a GMP environment.
• Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
• Thorough understanding and application of Facilities engineering principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
• Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
• Strong communication skills, a confident and effective decision maker, with a proven ability to influence others.
• Must have the ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required and drive and deliver solutions to identified issues.
• Team player, with a flexible approach but also able to work under their initiative and remove roadblocks.
• Strong verbal, technical writing, project management, and interpersonal skills are required.