This is an 18 month contract with a view to extension
The Senior Manager, Accounting will be a key member of our clients Controllers team and is based in Dublin.
The Controllers team has excelled as a high-performing team delivering on both monthly and quarterly IFRS results and managing the control environment.
This role provides the opportunity to interact and learn from both Operations and Finance teams. The successful individual will need to be a self-starter, keen to learn, flexible and able to operate in a very dynamic environment.
• Ownership of record-to-report month end and quarter end procedures for the Ireland entity, the main areas being Revenue, Royalties, Opex, Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets and some elements of Inventory.
• Review of inputs to month end and quarter end reporting for Ireland including the preparation, review and presentation of financial analysis & commentary.
• Operate within the required SOX controls framework, oversight of control procedures within Ireland procedures including controls around physical counts of inventory.
• Supporting internal and external audit walk throughs of SOX narratives and updates to documentation of narratives and controls as and when required.
• Working closely with Finance colleagues both locally and globally, determining the appropriate accounting treatments for changes in facts and circumstances, while adhering to global deadlines.
• Liaison with outsourced provider to ensure accurate and complete performance of month end and quarter end tasks.
• Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Signoff of the quarterly results for Ireland.
• Supporting elements of global inventory accounting.
• Assist with ad hoc financial analysis and queries.
• Support with group and local statutory audit requests in addition to tax requirements.
• Preparation of the bridge file for Ireland and review of the Financial Statements.
• Participate in various finance related projects, as required.
• Oversee direct report’s activities and work to develop the individuals further
• Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.)
• Minimum 8 years’ industry/post qualification experience
• Strong understanding of IFRS accounting principles
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills with focus on attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High level of Microsoft Office Excel proficiency