Our pharmaceutical client is looking for DeltaV Automation Engineers to join their growing team. Reporting to the Systems Engineering Coach / Associate Director IT Automation you will provide Automation System support and expertise to assist our manufacturing division to manufacture quality pharmaceutical products to meet priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
You will be part of the core team which consists of fifteen diverse, experienced engineers supporting Delta V, BMS and Pi. This team is part of a wider extensive IT and Automation department.
This opportunity will allow you to be challenged, support and lead projects with
extensive training provided. You will work alongside senior engineers ensuring you are
This strategic site has recently introduced a new state of the art manufacturing facility
doubling its capacity and has plans for future manufacturing installations.
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation to carry out the following:
• Responsible and accountable for supporting Delta V components of the process including on-floor support of manufacturing activities.
• Active participation in the Tier process and proactively resolving technical issues before they impact the business priorities.
• Support the smooth running of the site value stream and supply by delivering a world-class Automation service.
• Ensure supply of high-quality product through ensuring equipment and system availability; maximize performance through continuous process improvement initiatives and other relevant project support.
• Ensure compliance with, implementation and maintenance updates of local Carlow specific SOP’s and technical documentation e.g. Change Management, Incident Problem Management.
• Ensure adherence with company standards. Following business processes in the execution and support of Automation systems in Carlow.
• Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various Automation systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
• Responsible for supporting a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying company Six Sigma tools within Automation on projects such as: problem solving, standardization, reducing cycle time, Lean principles within the process.
• Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions.
• Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a related Business, Science, Engineering or other Technical Discipline
• 5+ years’ Emerson DeltaV DCS experience and DeltaV Batch experience required
• Delta V recipe creation
• Delta V system server / controller architecture configuration
• Six Sigma qualification preferred
• Experience and/or a particular skill set in their area of expertise that adds value to the business; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP, setting.
• 5+ years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting manufacturing automation solutions
• Select, design, and implement new/replacement systems as required for existing or new (tech transfer) processes, equipment and automated systems; continuous improvement initiatives; and Asset Life Cycle Management
• Resolve technical issues, identifying root causes and defining corrective/preventive actions with the equipment and automated systems
• Optimize/improve the equipment and automated systems, identifying root causes for deviations, defining corrective/preventive actions.
• Lead any change controls associated with the equipment and automated system they are responsible for
• Experienced in the application of engineering best practice, methodologies, tools, software, and principles in the advancement of process improvements and complex project execution
• Extensive technical and operational expertise in the following disciplines:
• Computer Systems Validation
• Instrumentation/Automation & Control
• Control System/Shopfloor Integration
• Financial Systems / Inventory Management Systems / SAP
• Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
• Report, standards, policy writing skills required
• Experience in the application of Lean Six Sigma Methodology desired
• Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology manufacturing process experience desirable
• Extensive knowledge of equipment and process validation
• Understanding of mechanical/electrical/pneumatic processes
Purpose Reporting directly to the Digital ITS Manager, you will play an integral role within the team. You will lead...Apply For This Job
This is a 12 month contract with a view to extension. This role is on 12hr shifts 4 days on...Apply For This Job