We seek a QC Microbiology Technician to join our Quality team. You will perform day to day laboratory testing, data review, routine duties and be capable of enthusiastically taking responsibility for ad-hoc duties and projects. While working cooperatively as part of a team, you will demonstrate drive, initiative and hunger for knowledge and quality of work. You will also demonstrate the capability of being a Subject Matter Expert in several assays & ensure that laboratory objectives are effectively achieved consistent with company requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
• Perform any assigned aspect of routine testing in support of manufacturing and batch release with high quality of documentation RFT and technical writing
• Perform data review of microbiological test data from utilities and environmental monitoring samples. Other data reviews may be performed in line with experience level and SME knowledge.
• Clearly demonstrate the organisational skills to manage all aspects of a given assay e.g.; controls/reference, standard stock control etc
• Ensure SOPs/forms are up to date with latest requirements and improvements/optimizations/lean
• Support process simulations
• Work as part of a team
• Demonstrate awareness of safety for self and others in all aspects of work
• Understand analysis of data generated in the lab
• Maintain laboratory housekeeping standards
• Strong scientific and GMP documentation skills
• Understand Pharmacopoeias and company guidelines and how to find and follow relevant information
• Comply with Global and regulatory Requirements and execute current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in science related discipline
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry (within Microbiology) preferable in sterile manufacturing microbiology lab environment
• Laboratory Quality Systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
• Understanding of Lean six Sigma Methodology preferred
• High standard of quality
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with external customers.