The Sourcing Specialist will support the planning and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing the sourcing process for raw materials and QC lab supplies. They will develop sourcing specifications, requirements and related scope of work that is consistent with the company’s business requirements. This position will conduct data gathering, support spend analytics, assist in delivering measurable cost savings, and monitor savings against contract. They will support evaluations through the development of RFQs, RFIs and RFPs and may participate in negotiations. The Sourcing Specialist actively participates in supplier selection and provides data and recommendations to ensure informed selection decisions. They support the supplier on-boarding process while supporting the sourcing/category manager on the creation and negotiation of contracts. The Specialist will support all vendor management activities which includes, but is not limited to preparing QBR data and measuring supplier performance.
• Works on sourcing-related problems and considers relative value of several alternative solutions to potential issues before confirming a final decision as to the path forward. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Provides detailed analysis and information which may have financial impact on sourcing decisions.
• Manages segments in functional areas, such as data gathering, detailed analysis, and report generation.
• Operates as a focal point to coordinate and prepare QBRs.
• Uses discretion in applying practices and procedures to resolve issues, demonstrates a broad and thorough understanding and application of technical and/or specialized concepts in sourcing.
• Uses expertise within a sourcing discipline to complete tasks effectively, efficiently and contributes to department initiatives improving process, policy, technology.
• Networks effectively with internal and external personnel across the company and in own area of expertise.
• Conducts the processes to ensure timely distribution of information to internal and external stakeholders.
• Solicits and analyzes RFP’s, participates in contract negotiations and ensures contracts are realized (SLA’s, Savings, etc.) ensuring compliance with pricing agreements and internal policies and procedures.
• Capable to explain complicated information and effectively lay out pros/cons of alternatives to consider.
• Capable to support sourcing projects within a cross-functional collaborative team environment.
• Cable to handle projects with supervision while demonstrating integrity, flexibility, and attention to detail.
• At a minimum, holds Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ or more years of relevant.
• Progressive experience within procurement, to include up to 3 yrs or more experience directly in sourcing role.
• Masters plus 3+ years or more of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to include up to 1 yr experience directly in a sourcing role
• Work experience within a biopharmaceutical company preferred.
• Working knowledge of sourcing and procurement, planning, supplier interface and negotiations, systems applications such as Zycus/Ariba, GEP (Contracts Management), Spend Analytics, MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Program management experience and project management experience preferred.
Purpose: In this newly created position reporting to the Senior Manager Global Strategic Sourcing, the Purchasing Manager – Packaging Components...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Responsible for oversight of the formulation and application of advanced data analysis, modeling and optimization. Manages the design, production...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Manage the day to day operations of the packaging department to ensure all internal / external customer requirements are...Apply For This Job