Reporting into the Director of Supply Logistics this role is responsible for the Warehouse, Transportation, Logistics and Trade Compliance functions for Ireland. The Associate Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction for Warehouse & Logistics in Ireland ensuring all IOPS and Patient requirements are met. This position establishes standards and practices for Warehouse & Logistics, including developing policies, procedures and techniques that are consistent with the strategic IOPS direction and sound principles of supply chain management.
• Develops vision and oversight of the WH&L Operations representing the function at Director Level.
• Provides direction for the Warehouse & Logistics team for Ireland, including trade and quality compliance.
• Works with cross-functional teams to ensure effective and disciplined planning and operations of the warehouse networks and capacity to meet current and future requirements of the business.
• Aligns with the US WH&L team in the US.
• Develops strong partnerships with other functions throughout the Industrial Operations and Product Supply (IOPS) division and within the department.
• Develops and leads an organization that fosters a continuous improvement culture. Supports continuous improvement implementations including new technologies, capital purchases, operational processes, etc.
• Produces metrics and key performance indicators to proactively identify trends and develop action items to drive improvements. Prepares reports for senior management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data on various business factors.
• Leads the warehouse functions to meet all compliance, safety and operational goals.
• Designs and delivers complexity reduction concepts (e.g., rationalization, Warehouse Management Systems etc.)
• Defines and implements supply chain management best practices.
• Proactively identifies potential business issues and/or operational constraints, develops risk mitigation plans, etc.
• Assesses the current organization and implements structures to position the business for the future business challenges and requirements.
• Provides coaching to direct reports, including employee development plans, and fosters a healthy work environment where employees feel valued and respected.
• Promotes the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics.
• Embraces and promotes the IOPS culture and the company’s way.
• Travel may be required approximately 10% of the time.
• Associate Director: Requires bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or science background.
• 10 years of experience in supply chain management in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, including prior management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MS or MBA preferred.
• APICS, ISM or ASQ professional certification strongly preferred, CPIM, CSCP, CPSM or CSSBB.
• Prior cGMP regulated experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry a plus.
• Must be analytical, strategic, pragmatic, quick thinking and possess a “big picture” mindset.
• Capable of working across multiple department lines.
• Comfortable advising senior-level management.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities.
• Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and lead a team and coach staff.
• Experience with interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and performance management.
• Attention to detail, fact-based, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
• Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement knowledge a plus.
Purpose: The role works closely with all functions and in particular with Operations, Quality, Supply Chain and Finance teams as...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This position is responsible to co-ordinate the shipping of bulk drug substance, drug product & finished products from internal...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Responsible for Supply Logistics operations provided by Third Party Logistics Providers (3PL) in a cGMP environment. Responsibilities: • Manage...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is an 11 month contract position. Reports to: Associate Director, Supply Chain Management – EPM and SAP. This...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is a 6-month fixed term contract. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for supporting execution of strategic direct...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This is a 6 month contract position. Position drives the planning of Working Cell Bank, Drug Substance, Drug Product...Apply For This Job