This role is initially on a 6 month contract but has a very strong view to permanency. Hybrid working can be acccomodated.
The post holder will work in partnership with managers and staff in the
Support Services departments to provide advice and support on all HR and
industrial relations matters. The successful candidate will work closely with
the Interim Director of Human Resources and Training and the HR team to
implement the HR strategy to include HR related training, projects, initiatives and policy.
• Meet with and advise staff and department managers on Human Resources (HR) and Industrial Relations (IR) matters.
• To lead on employee and industrial relations matters in the Support Services departments and other areas as assigned or required.
• Implement good employee/industrial relations practices and develop open communication processes with trade union/staff representatives to ensure that open communications are clear and that a partnership approach to problem solving is in place.
• To lead or carry out disciplinary, trust in care, grievance investigations or hearings, implementing the appropriate policies as required.
• To facilitate any informal interventions in relation to Dignity at Work (DAW) matters and to case manage any formal DAW matters in the related staffing areas.
• To sit on recruitment panels for senior /specialist posts as the HR Partner when required.
• To assist with the financial management of the HR Department including the establishment of budgets, manpower planning and monitoring of expenditure against approved allocations.
• To set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with the Head of Building Services & Capitol Projects with quarterly and final year reviews.
• To review and manage all aspects of the HR departments activities associated with the Support Services departments, including compliance with HR KPIs such as census numbers, absenteeism, agency rates and other standards and responsibilities as delegated by the Interim Director of HR.
• To manage the work of junior grades in HR as appropriate to this post.
• To pay particular attention to absence management to ensure all processes are being adhered to. To ensure absence is being managed and to initiate a review when absence % is consistently above KPI.
• Develop a shared sense of commitment and participation among staff in the management of change and the development of Human Resources within the hospice.
• Maintain good communication protocols for dealing with managers and staff to ensure that the information delivered is relevant, appropriate and on time, and ensure that they are in line with Hospice communication protocols.
• Review and set standards and implement changes and developments to the standard of Human Resource practice.
• Lead on the development of a Wellness Strategy for the organisation
• Attend as required, working groups and committees of the Hospice.
• Attend Head of Department (HOD) meetings and management team meetings as requested / required (Non-Clinical HOD Meetings, Hotel Services Monthly Operations meetings, Operations meeting with Non-Clinical HODs).
• Represent the Hospice at meetings with external agencies/bodies/groups that are necessary for the proper discharge of the post.
• Collect and compile statistics on HR KPI.
• Review HR policies and procedures and develop new policies.
• Research and compile HR related data and reports as required.
• Co-ordinate and lead HR projects as assigned and required.
• Relevant Third level qualification at degree level in HR
• CIPD membership
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience working in a fast-paced HR department
• 1 years’ experience in a management /senior HR role
• Experience with industrial relation matters
• Experience delivering training to groups and facilitating teams
• A strong background in project management
• Experience representing employer at third party forums under the auspices
of the Workplace Relations Commission
• Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Word/ Excel/PowerPoint etc.
• Experience of reporting from HR/Payroll system, preferably SAP
Purpose This is a 6 month contract This is a remote role with travel on-site 3 days a week We...Apply For This Job
This is a 6 month contract position Purpose The HR Administrator plays a vital role by providing a wide variety...Apply For This Job
This is an 11 month contract with a view to extension and allows for flexible working Purpose Our client operates...Apply For This Job