Manages the procurement process, including sourcing suppliers/bidders, negotiation, and associated administration required to run the operation. This position covers responsibility for the management of all addressable spend in site. It will ensure stewardship of the external supply base that supports the company’s business at site including cost, risk, compliance, and supplier innovation. This position needs to be in close collaboration with the relevant site stakeholder, Ireland Procurement Team and the Global Procurement Centre’s of Expertise (COE). This position will ensure that Global Procurement is in full control and has detailed understanding of the local supply market, local business practices, laws, regulations and policies. The Procurement Specialist is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with Procurement activities. The successful candidate will contribute to the High Performance culture within Procurement by providing a flexible, accurate service to enable Procurement to achieve its priorities. They are an active member of the Procurement team providing support, guidance and expertise.
• The Procurement Specialist will participate and comply with Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
• Work closely with internal customers for Direct and Indirect categories during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
• Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
• Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier. Obtain internal concurrence. Ensure legal review approval is obtained in advance of any contract commitment.
• Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
• Support escalation of delivery related issues with suppliers.
• Define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
• Support the management of supplier’s constraints and capacity related issues.
• Prepare month end KPI reports, plans completed, savings identified & realised, evaluations completed. Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Procurement Lead.
• Support Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction supplier lead time reduction and supplier partnership development.
• Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
• Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
• Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
• Degree or 3rd level qualification (Technical, Manufacturing, Business.)
• At least three years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
• Knowledge and working experience in SAP is mandatory.
• Knowledge and experience in applying Lean methodologies.
• Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
• Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
• Desirable for Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
• SAP Experience, Extensive User knowledge and preferably SAP project implementation experience.
• Teamwork and ability to prioritize.
• Good knowledge of MS Office systems, Outlook, Excel-Proficiency on Excel Pivots, Charts, etc., Word, PowerPoint Presentations.
• Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
• Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting.
Purpose: The Lab Planner is accountable for the effective and efficient running of all planning operations in the QC/QO Labs...Apply For This Job
Purpose: In this newly created position, the Consultant, Sourcing – Global Operations will leverage proven sourcing experience, tactical thinking, solid...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Responsible for oversight of the formulation and application of advanced data analysis, modeling and optimization. Manages the design, production...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This position is responsible to co-ordinate the shipping of finished products from internal and external manufacturing sites to primary...Apply For This Job
Purpose Position drives the strategic planning of existing commercial portfolio ensuring long-term continuity of supply to patients and ensures a...Apply For This Job
Purpose: Responsible for Supply Logistics operations provided by Third Party Logistics Providers (3PL) in a cGMP environment. Responsibilities: • Manage...Apply For This Job