This is an 11 month contract role.
Responsible for the execution of the production maintenance programs, troubleshooting of process equipment issues and the execution of continuous improvement projects. The production maintenance engineer works closely with the maintenance technicians and maintenance manager to ensure that all equipment objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with company requirements to ensure compliance, safety and a reliable supply to our customers. The maintenance engineer is an important function within the Maintenance organization to ensure that there are effective controls in place to ensure the compliant operation of the production equipment. The Maintenance engineer is also responsible for the elimination of unplanned equipment downtime and identifying areas where changes can be made.
• Ensure that all planned maintenance is completed to the manufacturing schedule. Collaborate with production colleagues and non-production colleagues, particularly Quality, EHS, Technical Engineering, in completion of tasks to ensure best practice outputs.
• Manage process / equipment improvements through completion of projects as required.
• Responsible for delivery of training, while focusing on continuous process improvement using Lean Principles.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems, identify need for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment to optimize throughput and reduce process cycle times; Drive change through Change control system in line with deadlines.
• Reduce maintenance costs and improve the overall equipment effectiveness by driving Total Productive Maintenance (TPM.)
• Serve as the point-of-contact for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment.
• Provide support with audit/inspection requirements to ensure department compliance/readiness. Participate in internal and external audits and inspections.
• Drive continuous improvement, perform root cause analysis on system failures and substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc, all under aseptic/clean room conditions. Provide input, review and approval for atypical, observation, and process capability investigations. Oversee coordination of resources to implement suggestions/ideas of merit.
• Recognize and investigate opportunities for financial savings and supports opportunities for financial savings by providing resources, expertise and project work; Participates in development of profit plan and budgets.
• Drive and participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
• Leadership activities including selection, development, coaching and day to day management.
• Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with role. Develop and maintain training programmes.
• Required to comply with company Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
• Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; ideally in a related Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in maintenance engineer / engineering role within a maintenance / engineering org of manufacturing facility (preferably GMP.)
• Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices.
• Sterile filling processes and equipment preferred.
• Understanding of mechanical/electrical/pneumatic processes.
• Troubleshooting and maintaining process instrumentation and equipment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required.
• Knowledge of cGMP and GDP preferred.
• SAP knowledge and experience preferred.
• Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
• Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired.
• Data analysis.
• Training skills.
Purpose This is a 12 month contract The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for the planning & scheduling of all...Apply For This Job
This is an 18 month FTC. Purpose Provide maintenance and equipment support to the Laboratories. To assist teams, investigate, and...Apply For This Job
This is an 11 month contract Purpose The Engineering Department is seeking a Construction Supervisor to support site Capital and...Apply For This Job