This is an 11-month contract.
Reporting to the Site Facilities Lead, as Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facility-related equipment at the Carlow site. This includes but is not limited to analysis of processes within the Facility and Utility Support functions of the Engineering department with a view to identifying and implementing improvements, supporting ongoing project activity by participating in safety inspections and walks, participating in sustainability initiatives, and general support to the wider Engineering group.
The ideal person will have prior relevant facility engineering experience preferably gained in a GMP manufacturing setting with experience providing support to the Facility and Utility Support functions.
• Collaboration with other departments and our outsourced partners to ensure the successful delivery of the Facility and Utility Support function in the safest, most time efficient, and cost-effective manner.
• Maintain Facility and Utility Support services in the context of retaining a permanent inspection readiness state for the site.
• Support continuous improvement by active participation in projects, system failure studies, and incident investigations using recognised methodologies such as 8SPS, RCA etc.
• Support the development and execution of Change Control related to the Engineering function.
• Participate in and contribute to Lean measures such as Gemba and Kaizen events.
• Comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions, ensuring consideration of the impact on GMP and compliance and decisions made.
• Accountable for compliance via documentation completion, risk assessments, closing out corrective actions, participate in audits and inspections and proactively highlighting any issues around compliance.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner to relevant onsite stakeholders and support the resolution of any such issues.
• Development of new and review and update of existing SOPs.
• Support site Reliability and Calibration improvement programs.
• Collaborate closely with cross functional teams to ensure project activity is supported through inspection and safety walks.
• Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow.
• Collaborate with multiple partners (e.g., IPT, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Quality, Labs, Third Parties, Vendors etc).
• Drafting presentations and reporting out on progress on initiatives to stakeholders as required.
• Managing vendors for work on site ensuring compliance with safety and permitting requirements for all on site activities.
• Responding to safety events, collecting information and coordinating investigations and remediation actions.
• Responding to building fabric issues, collecting information to support investigations and coordinating closure of remediation actions.
• Supervision of temporary building utilisation and responding to issues as they arise.
• Overseeing building utilisation and conducting periodic occupancy checks.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.